Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My square foot garden

I decided to start a new blog to keep track of everything going in and coming out of my garden. This is the first garden I've ever grown and to my dismay, I've got a jungle in my backyard!

Researching was my first and most important step. I looked up companion gardening, square foot gardening, how to mulch, etc. Yes. I was quite a beginner. I am very timid when I start big projects and feel like I need to know everything before I begin. I have learned so much and I think if I don't record my sucesses and trials I risk forgetting everything. Gardening season is pretty short here in Iowa and my brain seems to turn to freeze during the cold winters.

Anyway, I don't know if I'll have any readers besides myself, but this seems like the best way to stay organized. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment